Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Learn To Play The Electric Guitar - Secrets Of The Guitar Gods

angus youngRemember when you heard that rocking song and wanted to learn to play the electric guitar like that? You hear a killer Van Halen song and want to shred it like Eddie Van Halen? Believe me, if you learn to play the electric guitar, you cannot match the feeling you get playing along, chord for chord, with your favorite tunes. It is literally out of this world.

And one of the greatest benefits you get when you learn to play the electric guitar is not just the incredible feeling of playing songs, but the incredible release of stress.

A few months ago I bought my first electric guitar. I wanted to learn to play the electric guitar not only to learn something new, but also to play along with my favorite songs from Metallica, AC/DC, and Iron Maiden.

I went out and bought some DVD's and books to learn the basic chords and some basic styles. After a few days I got extremely bored because it seemed like it was taking forever. Sitting there, looking at diagrams of the chords got old real quick. I can tell you from experience that if you want to learn to play the electric guitar, a book is not the way to do it.

I soon quit and my guitar sat in the corner collecting dust.My wife could have killed me too because I just spent a tidy sum on my guitar and amp and it just sat there, lifeless.

I ventured on to the Internet to find a more exciting way to learn to play the electric guitar and came across some online guitar lesson websites. It's a pretty cool concept actually.

A lot of the reputable websites that offer online instruction have professional guitar instructors that teach with video lessons and through the forums.

Most of the sites I found also cater to the beginner, with a detailed plan to progress to more advanced playing techniques. And you have unlimited access to the lessons from any computer with an Internet connection, so you are free to come back to a particular lesson as many times as you need to.

Also, the selection of genres is amazing.So, while the DVDs and books taught me a couple of the basics, the online lessons gave me access to so many other techniques and styles. Another cool aspect of some of the sites is you get a host of popular jam tracks and sheet music to loads of songs.

You do have to do some research though because the quality of instructors was lacking on some of the sites. I found that the majority of the sites are membership sites that charge monthly fees anywhere from $15-$20 per month, however, some of them have a one-time upfront fee.

But, all in all, the prices are extremely reasonable relative to private instruction.

So, if you are struggling to find the best way to learn to play the electric guitar, you have a ton of great options right at your fingertips. An incredible resource I found extremely helpful, which reviewed the top online courses was www.learnelectricguitaronline.net

No comments:

Post a Comment